Greetings from Bandai Namco! I'm very aware all of you are excited for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U! During a meting in Japan about the game, I have obtained some information about the game.
Let's start off:
- R.O.B is returning with very little changes
- Ike is returning, with a slightly updated look
- Pokemon Trainer is returning with his Pokemon from Brawl
- Wario is returning with no changes
- Mr. Game & Watch is back, and remains the same
- Meta Knight has received a few changes due to balancing
- Lucas is returning with a few changes. Though, Sakurai wasn't specific on what the changes would be
- Yoshi is back, of course
- The Ice Climbers are no longer paired together due to limitations of the Nintendo 3DS. The Ice Climbers have been renamed to "Ice Climber"
- Ness is returning
- Falco is returning with very small changes
- Gannondorf is back and plays similar to Captain Falcon, with some changes
- Home-Run Contest is a returning mode
- Boss Battles mode is returning. Sakurai told me a Kid Icarus boss and a Metroid boss would be in the mode
- The Adventure mode will be in between The Subspace Emissary and the Adventure mode from Melee in terms of gameplay
These characters have been disconfirmed by Sakurai. In other words; I asked him if these characters were in the game, but he denied them.
- Chrom is not playable
- King K. Rool is not playable
- Ridley is not playable*
- Dixie Kong is not playable
- Waluigi is not playable**
- Bowser Jr. is not playable**
- Pac-Man was considered at one point, but Sakurai didn't want to go "overboard" with third-party characters
- Snake isn't playable due to Sakurai's lack of interest of having him back
- Wolf is not returning, due to Sakurai thinking he was a "waste of resource, and not worth the time developing for."
* means is a stage hazard. ** means is an assist trophy.
- I forgot to ask Sakurai if Sheik and Zero Suit Samus was returning
- Sakurai made no comment when I asked if Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff would be returning, which most likely means they're cut. But I could be wrong
- I didn't ask Sakurai if Break the Targets!! mode was returning, due to me being in a hurry
THERE IS ONLY 8 NEWCO--